The exciting game of blackjack dates back to the early 18th Century. Since then, the game has advanced and spread worldwide, only growing in recognition and reputation. Blackjack made its way to American shores with the help of French colonists, with it being seen in New Orleans as early as the 1820s in legalized gambling venues.
Nowadays, blackjack is arguably one of the most universally played casino games, both online and in land-based casinos. Its excitement and simplicity have seen the game stay relevant to US audiences, making it a natural fit for the online gambling scene. After all, live blackjack is one of the most popular casino card games on the internet.
Online live blackjack offers a fresh and thrilling way to enjoy the classic casino game, where beginner and experienced players alike can battle against the dealer in the classic game of nerve and chance.
Online Blackjack Benefits
Live online blackjack delivers all the advantages of gambling on the internet, including speed, accessibility, and convenience. Before, you would need to travel to a brick-and-mortar casino. Yet, now, you can play the classic casino table game from anywhere within the US where online gambling is legal, and at any time.
Also, online blackjack’s availability means that an entirely new generation of casino gamblers can play the game easily, with novice players able to trial the online version without feeling overwhelmed with its rules and game variations. Similarly, online live blackjack is more cost-efficient than playing in a land-based casino, as you can customize your wagers in a less pressure-filled environment.
Another distinct benefit of online blackjack is the capability to enter a game quickly and easily. While you must wait for a space at a blackjack table to open up in a real casino, the internet version does not have the same limitations. Gamblers can sit in on games and leave as they please.
Online Blackjack Rules and Game Variations
There are several variations to online blackjack’s rules and gameplay, with each possibly changing a player’s return for better or worse.
- Dealer Rules: As with standard US blackjack rules, dealers may or may not stand on a soft 17, depending on the game. If the dealer is allowed to hit, then the player’s average return will fall by 0.22%!
- Split Aces: While you cannot hit after splitting your aces, this can help increase your chances of winning.
- Surrender: This rule gives players the option to forfeit half of their bet and surrender. If played correctly, surrendering can reduce the house edge.
- 10-Card Charlie: Along with a six-card Charlie, these hands can beat anything except blackjack. With this, your average win percentage can increase by 0.16%.
- Double Limitations: Look for every possible opportunity to double. Limited hands of 9-11 (or worse) can restrain a great strategy.
- Blackjack Payouts: On all blackjack hits, dealers must pay out on 3/2. Don’t play at tables that payout any less.
- Insurance: This bet lets you regain funds by wagering on the dealer having blackjack when dealt with an ace.
- Side Bets: Like insurance, side bets are extra wagers on alternative outcomes. For example, Perfect Pairs lets you bet on obtaining a pair with a higher payout for the same suit or color.
Live Blackjack Bonus
Bonus offers are an excellent way to claim extra funds for your blackjack gambling sessions at online casinos. Yet, these promotions are rewarding to both casinos and players alike, as they help sites attract new gamblers and keep existing players happy. Let’s take a closer look at some of the best bonuses you can find at our recommended live blackjack casinos.
- Welcome Offer: Most online casinos in the US will offer a welcome package, a generous bonus reserved for new players that encourages them to register and deposit at the casino.
- Deposit Bonus: Sites will match your deposit to a certain percentage in bonus funds. For example, with a 100% deposit match up to $100, if you deposit the maximum of $100, the casino will match this with another $100 in bonus funds, meaning you have $200 to wager on casino games.
- No Deposit Bonus: As its name suggests, casinos reward you with bonus funds without you having to make a deposit first. While rare, these bonuses are popular among US gamblers.
Remember, most casino bonuses come with restrictions and limitations, such as wagering requirements, which are the number of times you must wager the bonus value before any winnings become withdrawable.
Live Blackjack on Mobile
Since most online casinos are built with HTML5 technology, sites are responsive and optimized for smartphones and tablets. You can play live blackjack on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone devices simply by heading to your favorite sites from your mobile browser.
However, if you’re on the lookout for a more immersive mobile gambling experience, many sites provide dedicated mobile apps. With a responsive and optimized user experience, better connectivity, and one-tap access, mobile apps allow for an engaging and improved mobile casino experience. Also, you can set up special notifications meaning you’ll never miss out on the latest blackjack promotions and new titles.
Live Blackjack House Edge and RTP
Aside from being an exhilarating game, blackjack is popular due to its low house edge, essentially giving players a slightly better chance of winning. Think of this as a small advantage built into casino games so casinos can turn a profit.
Live dealer online blackjack has the same RTP and house edge as standard virtual versions. While the exact figure depends on which title you wish to play and what bets you make, the average house edge on classic blackjack is an attractive 0.5%.
Live Blackjack in the US
Many states in the US now offer online casinos for people to enjoy and gamble with. Many of these online casinos will have “Live Casino” or “Live Dealer” sections where you can play live blackjack yourself. Simply visit a state where online gambling is legal, sign up at an online casino, and start hoping for those 21s today.